Accommodation and meals


Residence halls

It is a pleasant accommodation situated near the university. Rooms surface are from 9m2 to 16m2. They are furnished with a bed, a closet, a desk and a washbasin. Toilets and bathrooms are shared in some residences. Students also share a kitchen and a laundry. The AEU is in charge of the cleaning. Life in the residence is organised by

A team: a warden-caretaker, housekeepers and student leaders

Activities: breakfast, a kitchen for students, laundry, a TV room, ping-pong

Sharing: you can work in groups if you like, you can help each others as well. Various events bring the resident together (sports, thematic parties and competitions…)

Choosing accommodation in a student residence requires a personal commitment to community life.

If you wish to book a room in our university dorms, please note that all the housing information (list of university dorms, description, rent price*, housing application form,…) is available on the website of AEU (Housing Office).

Students are requested to pay a housing administrative fee of about 195 Euros (prices will be updated in March 2012) to AEU either by cheque or by international bank transfer.

Please note that we have no involvement in housing placements which are under the responsibility of AEU. It is very difficult to find housing upon arrival in Lille. So we strongly recommend to make sure that you have a housing before your arrival in France.


AEU - Association d'Entraide Universitaire

47 Boulevard Vauban (second floor) – Lille

E-mail >>

Facebook >>  Facebook AEU

Tel : +33 (0)3. – Fax : +33 (0)

Open from Monday to Friday : 8.30 am to 6.00 pm

CROUS - Centre Régional des Oeuvres Universitaires

74 rue de Cambrai 59043 LILLE CEDEX

Tel : +33 (0)3-20-88-66-00

It is situated outside the campus.

Please note : residence halls are generally mixed, you will be sharing bathroom and eating areas with opposite sex.

Private accommodation

Housing websites

Finding accommodation is often difficult.
It is not possible to book this type of housing before arriving in France.

Private student residences

Flat sharing

« Co-loc », which means flat sharing with other students might help you integrate into the French way of living more easily and it is a way to lower all the standing expenses, such as electricity, heating, telephone, local taxes.

Short stay accommodation


Youth hostel

12 rue Malpart – 59000 LILLE

Tel: +33-3-20-57-08-94 fax : +33-3-63-98-93

It is located in the city center.

Accommodation allowance

Like French students, international students are entitled to an accommodation allowance (APL/APS) from the French Government (Caisse d’Allocations Familiales, CAF). The amount varies according to the rent paid and the student’s status. You do not need to wait to obtain your residence permit before sending your claim for accommodation allowance, you can send your residence permit once you receive it.

Some words you should know

Dépôt de garantie

Deposit for your lodging corresponding to one or two months rent. It will be required in addition to you’re your rent. The deposit will be cashed and returned to you at the end of your stay it the place is the same as you found it on arrival.

Contrat de location ou bail

Contract indicating the duration of the rent, the name of the tenant and the owner, a description of the lodging, the amount of the rent, the amount of the deposit and the notice leave.

Etat des lieux

Inventory before you enter the flat and before you leave it. If the place is the same as you found it on arrival your deposit will be returned to you.

Assurance multi risques habitation

Whatever your mode of housing it will be necessary to subscribe an insurance policy which will cover at least water damage and fire.

You can find a company of you choice or contact the student mutual insurance company : LMDE… or contact the CROUS accommodation office your bank.


University restaurant

The university restaurant offers full, well-balanced and varied meals.
At midday

  • 4 self-service restaurants situated 47 bd Vauban and 125 rue Meurein open from 11 a.m. to 1.45 p.m.
  • You can also buy a sandwich in a fast food 60 bd Vauban (Tartine flamande), 125 rue Meurein (Cafétéria), 83 bd Vauban (Campus St Raphaël) and rue de Toul.

In the evening

  • 1 self-service restaurant open from 6 p.m. to 8.30 p.m.,
  • A Brasserie situated 125 rue Meurein (Cafétéria) and open from 6p.m. to 8.30 p.m.

The AEU services card

This card replaces the university restaurant (UR) ticket and is required for making payments in all University Resturant outlets and for the use of AEU services.

How does the card work ?
The AEU Services card is an electronic wallet system that works as a payment method in university restaurant outlets. It can be topped up over the internet or at the terminals provided. As well as your meals, you can use it to pay your sports membership and your rent (if you are staying in one of our university accommodations – Except Denis Reille and Saint Claude) The card is also an access badge for our fitness club.
Via your secure online account, you can top up your AEU Services card, check your balance and view latest statement.

How to get yours ?
If you are a student at the Catholic University of Lille or a partner school, you will receive this card when you register (only if you claim it). For students at other schools, you can get your card at the AEU Services card office (University Restaurant basement) or at the AEU office at 47 boulevard Vauban (2nd floor). The card costs €11.
More information on the website :